Friday, June 04, 2004

Work and Life

Perhaps I need to reevaluate my choice of favorite movies. Last night I watched Secretary again, and although it's not the most mainstream romantic comedy out there, something about this movie speaks to me. Maybe it's the fact that my job is so unbelievably dull. Maybe it's my tedious day- to-day routine. Maybe it's my wish for an exotic guy to arrive and shake me out of my comfort zone. Who knows? I just love this movie. My sister hated it. It's one of those movies where either you love it or hate it. At my firm, I can't think of an E. Edward Grey equivalent, but, of course, I'm not a secretary and everyone treats me fairly nicely because I help them find obscure titles and missing materials.

Not that I'd love getting flogged by a superior...

No comments: