Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy VD...

Although this is a non-holiday for me, I did invest in some candy--Bittersweets "Valentine's Candies for the Dejected." I bought them from Despair, Inc. They're little conversation candy hearts with horrible little sayings such as:
"U C MY BLOG"
"BUT I LOVE U"
"WHO IS HOLLY?"
"PEAKED AT 17"
"IM HOT INSIDE"
"DIGNITY FREE"
"CHARITY CASE"
"OUCH"
"EASIlY BROKEN"
And my personal favorite:
"XANADU 2NITE"

And to further celebrate my singlehood, I have a book discussion group meeting tonight. I love this group; me and the Babas (I should semi-clarify and say bushas or babushkas.) Seriously, I'm the only member without grandchildren. The book of the month is The DaVinci Code, and since everyone and their uncle has read this, or at least knows the basics of the plot, I won't have to carry the group with the discussion. I can't stand dead silence in a group gathered on their own accord. I have a tendency to pity the moderator in these instances.

Hopefully, next month's selection will be something a bit more less well known. It probably won't be. At the group meeting last month, several of the participants were freaking out over the availability of the chosen books at the library. They couldn't wrap their minds around the notion of buying a book brand new. It was quite frustrating, actually. This is one of the problems of holding a free book discussion group at a public library; certain individuals can't put forth the extra effort of finding the book on their own.

Hopefully my attitude will get adjusted before 7:00 tonight...or there will be trouble (with a capital 'T' that rhymes with 'B' that stands for Book--that was a shout out to Kate...and Shirley Jones--Marion the Librarian.)

No comments: