Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Bikini-a-go-go...

I have made a slight, tiny, little bit of progress on my "countdown to 30" list. Last night I went to Target for shampoo, scented candles and a Glamour magazine, and of course I got sidetracked by the bathing suits. I tried on this lovely number and the matching bottoms (with thankfully faux bows at the sides; wouldn't want any accidents!) and had a near-death experience.
Example
Okay, I didn't see a light at the end of a long tunnel and my deceased relatives reaching out to me, but it was damn close. Basically, I'm about 50 times whiter than the model in the picture. I looked freshly exhumed; super white and veiny. The overhead fluorescent lighting wasn't doing me any favors as well. The fact that I tried on a small when I'm definitely a medium was a negative factor as well. I'm 9 pounds away from my Weight Watcher's goal and 18 pounds away from my personal goal of 100 pounds, so maybe after I reach that milestone--and get a serious MysticTan--the bikini in public dream will be realized.

No comments: