Friday, May 06, 2005

Old crush, revisited...

I was just thinking back to the good old days. Times were simpler, the air smelled sweeter, the days were longer and the hottie musicians were dressed as pirates with warpaint. Yes, that's right: Adam Ant (during his Prince Charming phase, I believe!)


While my buddies were in the throes of pre-adolescent loovvee with bands such as Poison and Bon Jovi, I had a certain affection for Mr. Ant. Although he's currently fallen on hard times, I'll never forget what we had together. How the cassette to his "Strip" album became a permanent fixture in my car...okay, it got stuck in the tape player, or how he had a starring role in an obscure made-for-TV movie called "Out of Time" that aired in 1988; he was on the cover of TV Guide and I taped it to my bedroom wall. I was eleven when it aired, yet for reasons I will never quite understand I remember the movie clearly. He was also awesome in this otherwise crappy made-for-TV movie I saw on Lifetime called "Love Bites" in which he played a vampire. His vampire character went into hibernation 300 or so years ago and was reanimated in today's Boston or Philadelphia. It was iffy, but he was quite attractive.

Maybe it's time to break out the warpaint, just for old time's sake.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

On second thought, he might be a maurading highwayman instead of a pirate.