Monday, January 17, 2005

Sick...

The only thing worse than being sick is being sick at work. I have the flu, yet the Detroit library always needs coverage and the librarian is away today, so I am here. What contributed to my sickness, you probably didn't wonder?? On Thursday I stood outside The Post Bar waiting for Mike to show up for 45 minutes before he called wondering where I was, only to discover that he was in the wrong place. I didn't stand inside waiting because of all the smoke/gropey guys. Standing inside a covered doorway in the rain and 30 degree temps isn't good for even the healthiest of people.

Saturday after class I changed into my pajamas and didn't taken them off until this morning. I've been sneezy, coughy, achy, and feverish (yeah, I'm queen of the adjectives today) all weekend and I feel like living shit right now. The only thing that's keeping me alive right now is Day-Quil. Those LiquiCaps are seriously magical. Instead of functioning at 35% like I was this weekend, I figure I'm more like 72% My ears are blocked, my throat hurts and I'm phlegmy, but I can sit up without much difficulty.

At least I had a bit of entertainment yesterday whilst malingering. I watched "The Silence of the Lambs" on HBO yesterday morning. It's probably my favorite movie of all time. I'm even more interested in the FBI as of right now. It's been years since I've seen in all in one sitting; I actually forgot that I have most of the lines memorized! Winners such as:
"Don't you hurt my dog!"
"Don't you make me hurt your dog!"
"Hey, you don't know what pain is!"

Damn, that movie totally rocks!!! Between concentrating on work and trying to stay alive, I'm going to compile my top 10 favorite movie list this afternoon.

No comments: