Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My personal ad...

This is the text portion of my match.com personal ad. I tweaked it a bit during my lunch hour. I don't think I'm asking for too much, hmmm? I'm pretty much giving up the search at the end of February. I'm at the point where I don't really much care anymore. Well, that's not exactly true; I know what I'm looking for, unfortunately, he probably doesn't exist. I'll describe who I'm searching for in a future post. Maybe later on tonight when I'm finished studying. I'm just really burnt out right now.

Hi, I am a smart, pleasant-looking (I've been told) girl searching for someone who will treat me well. My friends would say I've got an interesting personality and am someone unlike anyone you've ever met before (in a good way, I hope!) I'm on the petite side, with a small to average body type. Not muscled, not scrawny. I'm in shape. I'm currently working in the legal profession, but I'm also writing a novel. As I stated earlier, I love reading, but I also love trivia games, taking road trips, and visiting places I've never been before. I love to paint, and although I'm technically an untrained "outsider artist", I like what I've done so far. I am extremely quiet and shy at first, until you get to know me. When I'm more comfortable with you, watch out! I have a weird, dark sense of humor much of the time and my personality reflects on that. I enjoy many genres of music, except rap, hip hop and country. I LOVE LEONARD COHEN. When I'm hanging out with friends, I prefer a smaller, intimate setting. To sum it all up, I'm an interesting person looking for the same in a date.

I'm looking for someone much like myself: smart, goofy and interesting. Someone with great grammar and an appreciation for the fine art of writing. Someone in their late 20s or early 30s *NEVER MARRIED AND WITHOUT CHILDREN* I'm searching for someone extremely literate and highly-educated with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, who also digs David Lynch movies and MST3K. I'm looking for someone with real career aspirations and goals. Someone willing to work hard at a job they love. My dream date would be catching a film at the Detroit Film Theatre, then a cocktail or coffee afterwards to discuss the film or anything else that pops into our minds. I'm also looking for a guy who loves sushi and isn't afraid to try ethnic foods. A love of Polish food is a major plus. Right now I'm looking for someone who will treat me well and respect my feelings. Someone to talk to and share with. Someone who won't forget my birthday. Someone with an awesome sense of humor. Maybe if things work out, someone to grow old with. Basically I'm looking for a friend first before anything else. I'm looking forward to meeting a man who is compatible with me!

No comments: