Saturday, July 09, 2005

One step forwards, two steps back...

I'm trying to be a normal adult, well-adjusted, non-socially retarded and/or awkward but in reality I am the biggest geek in the world. Today during a break from my unsuccessful online job searching, I did a "normal" 28-year-old female kinda thang: I designed my dream engagement ring at www.adiamondisforever.com (in case you're wondering, I'm infatuated with a platinum or white gold solitaire with a 2 CT. emerald-cut center stone. No side stones.) Then I got to thinking about where I was before college. I was seriously considering studying entomology at Michigan State, but decided on Central Michigan University for petro-geology (seriously.) Obviously, the petro-sciences lost their charm quickly and I was thrust into the bosom of the liberal arts...But imagine if I went with the entomology idea (yes, everyone who knows me, it was inspired by the Silence of the Lambs--"Is that a seed pod? No sir, that's a bug cocoon.") Well, one thing led to another, and now I REALLY NEED THIS:

One can also purchase a LED light-up base separately. My God, that is the mack-daddy of all ant farms. It was designed by NASA, the blue gel acts as food, hydration, and a place to live and dig. I want it! I need it! I must have it! Being the uber geek that I am, it's an essential for my existence.

2 comments:

ago-go said...

that ring thing is cool! too bad they don't let you put in other stones...i want a garnet!

jennifer said...

I also wanted a bezel or channel set option for my diamonds.