Thursday, September 09, 2004

Dammit

I can't believe I just registered for yet another damn accounting class. I've had accounting in high school, college, and again now for this degree. I should be able to test out of it, that is, if I cared about studying 5+ years ago when I was fooling myself into becoming a business major. I remember with horror the term "post closing trial balance" from high school, can't quite remember what it means, though. As far as accounting and paralegal studies, I was told by some of my buds here that a basic knowledge of fractions and decimals is all one really needs. Maybe this will be an easy A? That would be really nice, for a change. I'm also enrolling in "Substantive Law: Torts"--intimidating, hmmm?

This damn move is wearing me out. I arrive back to my place every day, pack a bit, have a beer or something else taking up room in the refrigerator, and fall dead asleep. This is no way to live! I already have fairly certain plans for the weekend: packing, indulging in food taking up freezer space, and frequent "Blackadder" breaks. I recall watching a few episodes in college, but I shall absorb most of the series within the next few weeks.

I'll also be spending my time making trips to the Salvation Army down the street. I really must part with some of my surplus shit. I'm going to miss a few bits of furniture, but in the long run, someday I'll be able to afford real, quality, not-assembled-by-me furniture!

Alas, I must return to work. I really need a vacation. The next work holiday is Thanksgiving! Yow!

No comments: