Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Lusty Lizzard...

This is a time-out from the self-centered ramblings that y'all know as Jen's Little Corner. My friend Liz (of Lusty Lizzard fame) lives in Arabi, LA, which is a nearby suburb of New Orleans. I just found out that they have probably lost everything in their house due to the catastrophic flooding. Liz and her husband Craig have taken shelter in Houston and are out of harm's way but this stupid hurricane couldn't have struck at a worse time. Liz is 8 month's pregnant and this is a troubling situation for someone without any health issues to worry about (although she is a M.D., it's still a scary medical prediciment. Craig's Ph.D. will probably not come in handy.) It may be difficult to deliver outside of Louisiana without incurring an insurance shitstorm.

I haven't been in touch with Liz (or Elle, or L, whatever. You're still Liz to me, gotcha???) ever since all shit broke loose in my life a few months ago, but she and Craig have been in my thoughts. Hopefully she'll get a proper baby shower with all the fixins in a few months (FYI, I love the design for the baby's room you picked out.)

So, everyone: keep Liz and Craig in your thoughts and prayers, as well as everyone else affected by this storm.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled superficial bitching.

No comments: