Friday, May 28, 2004

Light Reading

Even though I have a ton of legal reading to plow through within the next few weeks, I still need to free my mind with a good book. My apartment has about 1000 cheap paperbacks and some decent hardcovers, but I still keep returning to an old love: "Good Omens." It's this great novel written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett all about a supremely awesome Demon named Crowley, an angel, the Antichrist, and the days leading to the end of the world.

The first time I read it was in 9th grade and I was in the process of getting a really horrible spiral perm at the time, so I missed out on some of the nuances in the story. Getting the skin burned off one's neck is always a distraction. I stumbled upon in again at a used book store in East Lansing, whilst visiting my sister at State. Since that time, I've read it about 7 times, and counting. Even my sister has read it, and she's usually too busy to do anything but work. She purchased a newer edition because she claims the smell of mass-market paperbacks turns her stomach.

No comments: